Erok Header

Friday, June 3, 2016

The Church as the Family of God

Something that has been on my heart for a good long while and a topic of great interest for my own personal study, is the Church in its many forms. I will be taking the High School students through a study on this, and I would like to share my thoughts with you as well.

As I begin this study on the Church, I understand that there have been books looking into this glorious gift for the Christian: a fellowship of faith and an intentional community centered around the common purpose of Glorifying God and Enjoying Him fully. Because I will only spend a short amount of time taking a look at this doctrine, I am going to focus in on one of the pictures of the church, namely the “Family of God.” I want to look at the Family through its Diversity, its Activity, in both what it does and how it does it, and its Destiny. So there is obviously going to be a lot of things that I don’t cover, and some things that may just be summarized that I won’t dive into fully. But hopefully, the study as a whole will be beneficial for you in finding your place within the Family of God, the Church.


So before we start, I thought it would be helpful to start out with a definition of the Church to guide us through this study. Here it is: 

THE CHURCH is the people of God from every age, whom God has called out from among the nations, for whom Jesus died and shed His blood for the forgiveness of their sins, and whom the Holy Spirit binds together as one people for a unified purpose.

This definition helps to show us what the Church looks like, how it has come to look that way, and why the Church exists. We’ll cover different parts of this as we go throughout the series.

Your feedback is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment