Erok Header

Friday, May 27, 2016

To Explain My Lack of Activity...

Hello after a solid year and a half.

I thought it might be good to do a quick update so that when someone comes and visits the page (like you), they don't continually see a post from October of 2014.

It has been a season of a lot of transition. After doing Middle School Youth Ministry in same way, shape, or form for 9 years, last May I successfully transitioned into the High School youth ministry world at the same church that I was at as the Director of Middle School Ministries. May 31, 2016 (4 days from now) marks 3 years at Cornerstone Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Brighton, Michigan.

In that time, I got to see my firstborn grow from baby to toddler to little boy, and then the birth of my second and him growing into a joyful toddler, and now my wife and I are expecting our third child, coming our way in December. We also saw the purchase of our first home (woohoo!), the selling of our first home (woohoo!), and are now in the process of moving into our next one.

Last summer, I also began seminary studies at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida. It has been an enjoyable process of going back to school and getting back into the education routine, though difficult while maintaining a growing family and full-time ministry.

My one reflection over the past couple of years is that God has been incredibly faithful to me and my family. With all the craziness happening in the world all over, God has not forgotten His humble servant in my small corner of this earth. Every now and then I look back on where I was 5 years ago, and I am able to see the sovereign hand of God working in my life to bring about His purpose for me, even though sometimes it is through the painful process of pruning me to bear more fruit for His honor and glory.

If you could, please remember me in your prayers, and I will make an effort to be faithful with what God has blessed me with and share it with you as best as I can.

In Christ,

Eric Major
Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment